Thursday, October 30, 2008
We carved pumpkins finally- we always wait until the week of halloween so we don't have piles of gooey pumpkins by the time the 31st rolls around. The boys somehow knew that we were going to put eyes in the pumpkins. Tom and I sent all the kids upstairs to have Addie help them into old clothes, while we set out to protect the kitchen and dining room as much as was possible. Most of the kids had a ball- and a few hours later and a lot of hot soapy water later the deed was done!!
And the award goes to...
Fastest pumpkin carver: Bis
Copycat pumpkin carver: Yordi
Pumpkin carver who murdered their pumpkin with stab wounds: Molly
Most disgusted by the whole event: Noah
Messiest pumpkin carver: Addie
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
6 things about me:
1. I am very organized...and I like things clean. Really clean. One of my favorite Christmas presents was a labeler... you get the idea...
2. I love to sew and scrapbook- 2 things that I find I have less time to do , but enjoy just the thought that I might spend some evening working on a project. I am currently working on a suprise for my nephew to be...
3. I love to bake, but don't really like to eat anything except caffeine and sweets... even Bis and Yordi start squealing if they see me eating breakfast...
4. I lived in Paraguay, South America for 1 year during high school as an exchange student.
6. I am the oldest of 5 kids. Maybe 5 doesn't feel so big for that reason, or that crazy or insane. Cause I can't imagine my life without all of my sibs (regardless of what we TELL my brother) or my own 5 wonderful blessings...
So, I tag...
Gina E- cause we now share a bond of "poop" sisterhood :)
Gayle- cause we are so excited about spending time with you this last summer
Jaclyn- cause the "Cozy Place" has connected us!!
I'll post on each of your blogs to let ya know!!!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
We have just about finished the soccer season, much to Noah's dismay. Here are some pics from the last game- it was 32 degrees out and we had to scrape ice off of the windshield in order to leave for the game. Bis and Yordi thought we must be nuts to sit outside in that kind of weather... they sat bundled in sweatshirts , coats, hats and gloves and wrapped in a blanket. And this is just Fall... wonder what they will think of winter...???
We went to this great little pumpkin patch near to our house. Any pumpkin for $1. The kids had a ball picking out the "perfect" pumpkin. Yordi in typical Yordi fashion had trouble making up his mind. After carrying 3 to the wagon and having him change his mind, we had to call it good. Dont ya wonder what they are thinking???? It was a gorgeous fall day here in Oregon- very crisp and cold but bright and sunny!!!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Samuel was injured today in an accident involving the tractor. He was airlifted from the park behind our house to Children’s Hospital in Milwaukee. We need prayers.
Currently he is still in surgery and will need many, many more. He has lost one leg below-the-knee and the other they are trying to save to the ankle. One arm is broken near the shoulder but the elbow is more critical - open fractures with tissue damage/missing.
His pelvis is also fractured on one side. His buttocks and back are injured and he needs a colostomy. If he continues to do well in surgery tonight that will be performed now.
His vitals are good. He was awake up until surgery where we were able to kiss him.They have set up a website where you can stay updated if you would like:
Please join us in praying for this family and for Samuel