"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Burning the place down



A couple of last honey do's before the summer ends and the weather turns icky- top of my list was to burn the burn pile, all the feed sacks and branches and sticks that are up in the goat pasture. I never worry about burning... Tom worries for us. He was a long time volunteer fireman, so if he is ok with burning then that is all I need. Imagine my surprise when Yordi comes screaming down to the house "Daddy burn... daddy burn... daddy burn, um, um, um, TREES. Come" (we have since talked about sending someone with a little better English next time). I reach the goat pasture so see Addie standing in charred grass with melted crocs beating the fire with a shovel, Noah guarding all the littles and Tom wrestling with a garden hose to get it connected. Both Tom and Addie are talking a mile a minute and they point out very disappointed that I missed all the fun... I asked if they would redo it so that I could get it on camera, but no one was interested...

No comments: