"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, September 23, 2010

long forgotten blog

It has been a long time. A really long time.  I thought I was done blogging... our story had changed so dramatically that there was no way to even blog... BUT we are back. AGAIN.  This has been a year from Hell, yet many good things too, old friends made new, new memories, ...

I am a single mom, of 5.  Yes somedays this seems bigger than it is... but it is...

My little kids have faced nightmares that no mother dreams their children will have to go through...

We have had to retreat to our little yellow house... no school, no church, no activities in order to protect little innocent children from evil. 

But, we have seen friends, true friends and family.  The ones that when faced with an ugly situation dig in next to us...

BUT we are back.  Still wounded, still hurting, still untrusting,

And so I will blog from my little yellow house... we will continue to survive... until we can begin to live again. 


9 comments:

Kerri Hyde said...

In the midst of "our" journeys, some individual, and some arm-in-arm... I must say that there are a days/nights shared in tears, confusion, complete horror and even a few in hysterical snorting laughter with you, my friend. God is good, I have faith that all things happen for a reason... even if we never truly understand. Our family is so blessed to have you and your precious little ones a part of our lives.... {hugs}
love you....

Sandee said...

Ah...my heart aches for you. I have had a hard summer, but nothing like you describe. Prayers and hugs. and if you every want a place to hang out in California for a vacation.....we have sleeping bag space! and open arms...

Sandee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

you and your little family are such a blessing and i know it's so hard to understand God's plan. i'm so glad you continue to have faith. i think of you often and miss not being able to just reach over and give you a hug. LOVE that we can skype every now and then. i hope you'll remember that i'm only a phonecall or text away so i'm here for you, ANYtime you ever need me!!!!! :) and i would so readily make you any flavored cheesecake your little heart desires, so we could sip coffee/tea and just have girlfriend time. love you lots!!!!

Chris said...

Denise , My heart aches for you too. I am mso sorry that you and the kids had to go through this.You are a strong and beautufil woman and you will get through this . Something great is coming your way I am sure . Hang there an enjoy your little ones. Thinking of you.
Hugs
Chris xoox

as written by Barbara said...

Thought about you again and checked in... you are back!!! I am sooooo glad.
Praying for you and yours... may God continue to be your stronghold for your needs and protection...
Hugs,
Barbara Lyman :-)
Marysville, WA

ps e-mail address as of 9/26/10 dblyman@yahoo.com

Rebecca said...

I'm glad you're back! I have not been blogging for quite a while, but I think I need to "come back" too. I don't know all that you've been through, but my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family! You are a beautiful bunch!

Holly said...

I have no idea what has transpired, only that God has remained faithful through it all and I am so very glad for the chosen friends He has given you to walk you through this valley.
Welcome back.
love,
Holly

Kristine said...

Yea! Glad you are back.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Right?