"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, February 9, 2009

Pancakes


Sunday night is breakfast night. We love it- 1 day a week I know what we are having for dinner. No thought. We alternate between sausage, bacon, or eggs and pancakes with and without blueberries (that we all picked over the summer). Up until now I have used Bisquick, but with 7 large pancake eaters I was going through the mega size box in no time. Until now. I found (actually was given) the recipie for baking mix. The kids love it even better. It makes a sturdier pancake and the kids fill up on lots less. I still make a large amount and we usually eat pancakes for breakfast most of the week.

Baking Mix:
(this makes a large amount- I store it in a food grade bucket with lid in the pantry and then just substitute it for Bisquick.)

10 cups of flour
1/2 cup sugar (I use 1 C sugar- we like it a bit sweeter for pancakes)
1/4 cup baking powder
2T salt
optional 2 cups powdered milk (then use water in your mix)

Butter Syurp
1 stick margarine
1 cup milk
melt on stove and remove from heat
add 1 cup sugar
splash of vanilla
2T flour to thicken (back on low heat for just a minute or 2)

1 comment:

Sandee said...

ooh ooh. I love it. I will imitate. Sunday nights, Breakfast for Dinner. yum.