"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

pondering....

I don't like conflict. My hubby doesn't like conflict. We seldom argue because we don't do conflict. I am torn- the little church in the town we live is beginning an Awana program for kids tonight. All of our kids are old enough to go. Their friends are going. We no longer attend church there... for many reasons, but mainly due to some pretty terribly hurtful things said to and of our "new" family. I guess I am old-fashioned. I always believed ""church" was the 1 place where people were loved and accepted. Didn't matter what they looked like or where they came from. We didn't want to force people to accept us or, as was happening, have our children hear these things being said about them and so chose to quietly leave. So the answer should be clear cut... No Awana for our children. Yet, ... there is part of me that says THIS IS SO WRONG!!! HOW DARE YOU NOT ACCEPT LITTLE CHILDREN!!!!!!! Part of me wants to walk all 5 of my beautiful children through those doors and just tell people to grow up and deal with it. I'm just not sure...

3 comments:

Sandee said...

Denise...my heart just aches over this. It just ought not be...in the body of Christ. Shame shame.....

So I see your pondering...as a momma, what do you do?

I will pray for wisdom and for boldness, if that is what is called upon...or a great family aternative, if that is the answer.

Heartaches for you.

Grinchy hearts need to grow a few sizes...so clueless of them to think something like that matters.

Rebecca said...

Oh girl. Dave and I were just talking about this same thing today. We live in such a small town. I HATE the thought of people saying hurtful things. I know it will happen. But, I HATE it. i'm sorry that it's happened to you. Maybe I could come over and march them up the steps with you. But, I'd probably end up giving you a bad name. I'm not real, uh...let's say diplomatic, with things like this. I don't like it and it's not right. The thing is that it's not everyone. But those few....ugh. I'm thinking of you guys. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Ugh! What's the church?! I'll go conflict crazy for you! So sorry.