"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Reindeer are spies

Oh the 3 littles crack me up.
We have been trying to explain to the boys "Christmas". We always try to downplay Santa in our home, but I will admit to using the power of Santa this time of year (terrible I know). They have all been to see the big guy in red. Molly has been rather upset by the fact that indeed Santa does not go all over the world to bring presents to all the children. The boys have told her that they have never had Christmas, presents, or santa. Each day more decorations come out, more lights go up, and so does the volume of the chatter.
Last nights conversation around the table (just the 3 littles) while I was making dinner- within earshot...
Molly: You have to watch out and be good cause everyone tells you that santa is watching.
Bis: Santa is coming??
Molly: Well, yes, but we wont get to see him. You have to be asleep. That's not fair you know.
Yordi: you goes sleep?
Molly: I don't think he can really watch everyone, especially if you cant see him. It is the reindeer you have to watch out for, really. They are like his spies.
Bis and Yordi: (looking around at all the little reindeer crafts that are hung up) ohhhhhhh...

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Too cute! Now that 2 of my 3 know that "momma is Santa"...the power of Santa isn't working much...sigh..

I try the power of momma....but...

:)

Rebecca said...

Oh....that is so funny!! Look at the three of them! I can almost see the trouble brewing....

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

That is a riot!!

Rebecca said...

Molly sounds like such a character! I love that story!