"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 30, 2009

vacation - part 1

Over spring break we had a wonderful little get away to the Oregon coast. I will post more about the trip and put on some pictures, but wanted to share some of the cute comments that we heard.



At the aquarium we got to watch them feeding all the fish, aenomes, and crabs. The man explained to the kids that they feed the crabs until they are big enough and then they feed them to the octopus. Molly very quietly looked down at the 2 crabs deuling over fish heads and quietly said... "do they know yet?" You had to have heard her little voice - it was priceless!



---------------------------------------



The kids spent most of the time in the pool. One night I left for a minute to run back to the room. Yordi got out of the water and ran over to Tom frantic. He asked him "where did my mom go? You know my REAL mom, not that other one." Tom said he experienced a moment of panic... like how could HE get stuck with this question... He was about to start answering when I walked back in. Yordi ran over, threw his arms around me, looked back at Tom and said..."Here she is, dad, this is the mom, the real one... Dad didn't know where you were."

sigh... I am the "real one"

Granted, Yordi got back into the pool and was nailed by his brother for saying such a thing. And I looked pretty conspicuous hauling a screaming black child down the hallway while he yelled at the top of his lungs "let me go. Your not my mom" over and over again. Wonder how many people believed him. Oh yeah, good times!!! But I am the real one!!!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

oh my...you got me all choked up!!! how very sweet and endearing. someday, i hope to be the real mom to matthew. thank you for sharing. i'll have to blog about my long talk part 2 with M, when i have the chance.

Sandee said...

You are the real deal, momma! Savor it! :) a joy bit in your day.

Rebecca said...

I'm with Molly! Tell those crabs to stop eating all that fish! Ha!! My dad cooked Peter cotton tail for dinner the other night. Just to bug me I think!! I get no respect!!
You know, sometimes I wonder the same thing...hauling Ava out screaming! We do get quite a bit of attention!! Glad you all had a good time!