"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bis and Yordi December 11, 2007

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 138:13-16

Here is what we know about the boys. We are hoping to have more information about them in the next month.


Bis and Yordi are twins- we were told identical, but from the pictures we have we assume that got messed up in the translation. They are age 3-4 with no know birthdates. They are from rural Ethiopia where there is no calendar used. They will be assigned a birthdate in Ethiopia for their paperwork. We are guessing they are IN their 4th year of life, which would make them 3. They are tiny, which is very typical. Bisrat is 37inches tall and weighs 31 lbs. Yordi is 35 inches tall and weighs 27 lbs. For comparison sake: Molly is 41 inches tall and weighs 39 lbs. Max (whose info I snuck from his mom- hope she forgives me) is approx 37 inches tall and weighs 32 lbs.
The boys currently live in an orphanage in Addis Ababa and speak Amharic. They were relinquished by their parents who were no longer able to care for them or feed them . They relinquished them together, rather than try to keep one, so that they could grow up and have each other. This is exciting news for us as this means they have known the love and bond of a family while they were young and while tough for them, ultimately means that they will not suffer from the serious issues that you see in long term institutionalization.
We have been able to send them a care package via another adoptive family and are waiting for pictures and information when they return. We will update this site as we get more information.

No comments: