"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Oh Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, thing planned long ago." Is 25:1
God is so amazing- His goodness surprises me everytime. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I continually am...

We got a phone call early this morning- I hadn't even made it out to the kitchen for my first cup of coffee. Grace, from our agency called- I saw it on caller ID, but my brain was still too uncaffeinated to process WHY she was calling. She said she was calling about our court date, which thrilled me since we weren't expecting to hear anything until our director returned from Ethiopia later this week. She said not only did we have a court date, but that we had actually PASSED court this morning. No one knew about it due to some communication problem somewhere... Drum Roll Please: we are now officially, legally the parents to Bisrat and Yordanos Thompson. We leave for Africa on Thursday April 17. As you can imagine after the shock wore off and I ran through the house trying to figure out which end was up I spent most of the morning confirming airline flights, hotel reservations, and panicking at all that there is still to do... car seats to purchase, bookcase still needed, and Oh my goodness I am an emotional wreck because I still haven't bought any underwear for the boys...

We are so thankful that God continues to show us that HE is in control of this adoption and has been from the beginning of time... There is no other way to explain this whole process than it is TOTALLY a God thing... I am nearly speechless and overwhelmed by this... we "know" that He knows all the hairs on our heads, but he really really does, and he cares so much for 2 little boys in Africa that he made all of this happen...
Amazing God details in all of this:
* We KNEW that there was no way to travel in April- given where dates were coming out of Ethiopia at and with the new timelines. We told everyone we were planning on traveling in May, but praying for a miracle (because that is what it would take) in order to travel in April.
* In order to travel in April/May it needed to be certain weeks due to already scheduled commitments here- not only do we get to travel one of our "open" weeks, we are home with time to spare...
* Addie said early on she thought April 20 would be a good birthdate for the boys - our "Gotcha day" will be April 20
* The date we passed court is March 10, 2008. On March 10, 2005 we stepped off the plane in Portland, OR and Molly became a United State's Citizen.
* We are traveling with 3 other families from our same agency. One of those families is an Pacific NW family- the other family is a family that adopted a little girl from China using the same agency as we did. We have known of each other for years- they traveled just 1 month before us. Before we began the Ethiopian process we got in touch and we both ended up using HOPE and are going to be traveling together- both of us to pick up our 3 year old boys!!!
Coincidences...??? I DONT THINK SO!!!

Enjoy the pictures below... we now can post pictures of OUR SONS!!

No comments: